I love photographing weddings. I especially love photographing weddings that are quirky, full of personality, and most importantly, all about the love. I love Bridechillas, not Bridezillas. You don’t need to be a supermodel in a Valentino dress (not that there’s anything wrong with that!) – I find the most beautiful weddings are the ones from the heart, not the wallet.
- I believe in keeping things fun, natural, relaxed, and a little bit funky, but still gorgeous (of course!).
- I believe your wedding day should be about enjoying your time celebrating with your family and friends, not wasting 4 hours and travelling to 5 different locations to have your photos taken.
- Melbourne and it’s surrounding regions have some fabulous backdrops, but I do my best to try and avoid the usual clichéd locations that every other photographer and their Canons (or Nikons) choose to haunt.
- I think it’s important to have just a couple of more ‘formal’ shots (it will keep your Grandma happy, and in years to come you will be glad you did these) but keep the majority of images as an unobtrusive, photojournalistic documentation of your most brilliant day.
- I work as quickly and as painlessly as possible to get the shots I need, and get you back to the party.
- I aim to keep you and your new spouse looking like your very beautiful, natural, selves, not some unrecognisable, airbrushed, ‘directed’ waxworks couple.
- I do my best to work so unobtrusively that you’ll hardly know I’m there!
- I limit myself to 10-15 weddings per year – enough to keep my momentum high, but not too many to burn myself out. I want to treat your wedding with as much importance as you do, not just another cog in the wheel.
For more information, check out my “Frequently Asked Questions” here!